Invitation to Bid
TO: ALL CONTRACTORS AND/OR SUPPLIERS
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE
DATE: October 12, 2016
TO: Subcontractors and Suppliers
OWNER: State of California (Caltrans)
SDG&E’s electric vehicle charging station program, Power Your Drive, will install 3,500 electric vehicle charging stations at 350 businesses, apartments, and condos. More than 330 properties have already requested to be considered for the program. It’s not too late, join the interest list today! As part of Power Your Drive, SDG&E will install, own, operate, maintain and bill for the electricity of the charging stations. At least 10% of the charging stations will be installed in disadvantaged communities.
Benefits of Installing EV Charging Stations
- Be one of the first businesses in your area to install EV charging stations
- Increases property value, faster sale
- Increases employee and tenant satisfaction due to added amenities
- Supports tenant contract renewal
- EV drivers are less likely to use a house outlet to plug-in and charge on the house meter
- Demonstrates company commitment to environmental sustainability
How Do Businesses Qualify?
- Join the interest list at sdge.com/PowerYourDrive
- Offer workplace, apartment, or condo charging parking spaces; ten or more will be installed in workplaces, and five or more in apartment communities
- Complete an online form at sdge.com/PowerYourDrive
- Agree to an easement
- Agree to the participation payment (if applicable)
- Meet ADA requirements
By joining the interest list today, your property will be considered for what the California Public Utilities Commission is calling the “largest transportation electrification program in the country”!