2020 Women on Boards
Events & Programs Associate
From Ms. Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, CEO of 2020 Women on Boards.
Founded in Boston in 2010, and now headquartered in Los Angeles, 2020 Women on Boards (2020WOB) is the national education and advocacy campaign to increase the percentage of women on corporate boards to 20% or greater by the year 2020. Known for its research on the gender composition of corporate boards of directors, 2020 Women on Boards annually publishes its proprietary 2020 Gender Diversity Directory, which ranks over 3000 companies on a ‘W’ (Winning) to ‘Z’ (Zero) scale. It is the only campaign to successfully create change by engaging stakeholders – consumers, employees and shareholders – to take action, applauding companies with more than 20% women directors, and encouraging those with fewer than 20% to increase their numbers. 2020 Women on Boards is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
2020 Women on Boards seeks an Events & Programs Associate to help develop and administer the campaign’s strategic programs.
The Events & Programs Associate is responsible for working with the CEO and Director of Finance & Research to plan, implement and manage the National Conversation on Board Diversity and Board Readiness Workshops, as well as assist with the development of Campaign Committees in 30 national and international cities. This full-time position will report to the Director of Finance & Research.
The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, proactive, and exhibit a commitment to collaborate with diverse groups of people. They will possess excellent writing skills and demonstrate highly advanced organizational skills to maintain a broad spectrum of relationships and responsibilities.
To be successful as an Events & Programs Associate, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Most importantly, the Events & Programs Associate should have a genuine curiosity and desire to promote the effective and efficient operation of the overall organization.
- Coordinate with 30 City Campaign Committees to successfully plan, implement and manage the National Conversation on Board Diversity, the annual event occurring on a single day in November in 30 national and international cities.
- Assist the City Campaign Committees to increase engagement and corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of Board Readiness Workshops, the day-long education event to prepare for board service.
- Work collaboratively to make decisions and build systems which demonstrate integrity and consistency in practice.
- Effectively solve problems and consistently choose courses of action which result in beneficial outcomes to partners and the organization.
- Manage CRM systems.
- Demonstrate a positive outlook open and supportive of others and the organization; work cooperatively with others to establish positive working relationships.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain pertinent knowledge related to the organization, programs, partners and staff including best practices, trends, resources and opportunities.
- Assist with business writing, including program-related marketing and email-marketing campaigns.
- Generate reports, schedule meetings and conference calls, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations and conduct research.
- Coordinate corporate sponsor outreach and proposals.
- Provide general operations and logistical support as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Prior experience in an office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess ability to effectively work with senior corporate executives.
- Experience in event planning and project management.
- Highly advanced organizational skills to maintain and prioritize a broad spectrum of relationships and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and excellent time management skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the use of the Internet for research are required in addition to the ability to learn and utilize other applications as required.
- Demonstrated curiosity and desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, integrity and a positive attitude.
We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits to full-time staff. Commitment to Diversity. 2020 Women on Boards is committed to a process of diversity and inclusion. We welcome all qualified candidates for consideration.
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Finance and Research
Offices are located in Downtown Los Angeles at 241 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90012.