Southern California Edison
2018 Corporate Communications Summer Internship
Rosemead, Calif. (east of downtown Los Angeles)
Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with challenging work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The Summer Internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2018 and an estimated end date of August/September 2018. SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are important parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, intern project expo, and cross-company networking.
We're big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
About Corporate Communications:
Corporate Communications is comprised of many groups, including Brand & Advertising, Creative Services, Corporate Giving, Key Initiatives, Emerging Issues and Digital & Social Media. Our primary responsibility is to keep our various stakeholders informed about all manner of vital company news/information, ranging from the hyper-urgent (such as storms/widespread power outages) to the not-so-urgent-but-still-
SCE Corporate Communications is seeking a summer intern with a communications interest and background to help activate the new Edison brand through both internal and external channels. The successful candidate may work on projects including: the employee brand campaign (creative strategy, photo and video shoots, message development); enterprise digital communications; portal redesign; employee engagement campaigns; customer ad campaigns; style guide; digital asset management; social media campaigns; content marketing; and brand governance.
SCE Corporate Communications is seeking a summer intern with a communications interest and background to help customers and employees understand the exciting changes in the way we deliver clean energy to our customers and our commitment to the communities we serve. The successful candidate may work on projects including: updates to external and internal web pages on electric vehicles, battery storage and grid modernization and develop/ track a communications plan to build awareness of our Energy Assistance Fund, which helps income-qualified customers who are having trouble paying their electric bills.
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, Video Production or closely related field at an accredited institution.
- Graduation date of December 2018 or later.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 or higher as determined by your institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate social media and/or direct-to-customer communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media publishing platforms (like Sprout Social)
- Demonstrated advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe Experience Manage (AEM), Illustrator and Exact Target.
- Attention to detail and the ability to build interpersonal relationships with clients, peers and management.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Official transcripts will be verified during the interview process.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Southern California Edison (SCE) is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. As a longtime leader in renewable energy and energy efficiency, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. With headquarters in Rosemead, SCE.
For more information, please visit this link:
Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion
New York City
From Mr. Fields Jackson of Racing Toward Diversity magazine.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team where you can share your creative ideas toward achieving a diverse and inclusive organization? American Express is a recognized leader in this space, and this position offers you a rare chance to build upon our current strategy to evolve our diverse talent initiatives, while growing cultural competence and promoting an inclusive and global culture.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Increase our success in attracting, developing, advancing and retaining diverse talent worldwide, ensuring a strong leadership pipeline and sustained brand recognition as Employer of Choice
- Develop creative and sustainable programs and practices that meet the needs of our current and next generation workforce
- Consult and collaborate with business leaders, HR Business Partners and the Centers of Expertise to ignite our strategy
- Offer thought leadership and creativity to inform our practices and introduce new insights
- Elevate the profile and increase the impact of our external strategic partnerships
You will focus on Crafting and executing a comprehensive inclusion strategy, including:
- Creating plans for scalable delivery of low cost tools, resources and programs to promote inclusive leadership skill building
- Embedding inclusive leadership strategies throughout the employee lifecycle
- Identifying development opportunities for high performing talent and owning the nomination and selection process
- Partnering with select Lines of Business (LOB) and Markets to craft relevant and measurable D&I agendas, including:
- Guiding data and root-cause analyses to better understand the opportunities in being able to attract, develop, advance and retain diverse talent
- Evolving the D&I Playbook (provides HR with the tools and resources to support the development of robust, actionable and tailored function/market strategies)
You must have:
- At least 3 years of leadership and/or strategy development experience in a global D&I role
- 7-10 years of experience in progressively responsible positions, including experience working with global teams
- Multi-year strategy planning experience and project management skills
- Experience driving organizational and cultural change management; consulting experience a plus
- Ability to translate passion and vision into results
- Solution-focused mindset, with experience using creativity and innovation to solve complex problems
- Deep understanding of current and future workplace trends, and implications for a global, multi-generation workforce
- Inspirational leadership approach, able to collaborate and gain consensus through influence, and work across teams to address business needs
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
For more information and to apply, visit:
Walmart Stores, Inc.
Senior Manager, Media Partnerships
San Bruno, Calif.
What You’ll Do At Walmart:
- Owns ad revenue targets for respective category
- Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
- Develops annual plan(s)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages marketing budgets
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Manages the development and execution of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising,
advertising, store integration)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications or related field and
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in marketing or related field (business development, digital media, strategic partnerships, etc.)
- Positive "Can-Do, Team-Oriented" Attitude matched with a level of resiliency and determination to break new ground
- 3 years experience in online marketing.
- 3 years experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
For more information and to apply, visit:
The Walt Disney Company
Contract Administration – Studio, Spring Internship
Full Time Unpaid Internship.
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Be a part of something big
Disney|ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution is the in-home content distribution arm for The Walt Disney Company within North America. The division is responsible for sales and marketing of top-tier motion pictures and television programming to a wide spectrum of traditional and new media platforms including Blu-ray/DVD, electronic home video, video-on-demand, subscription video-on-demand, pay television, basic cable, broadcast television, online and other digital technologies.
Make an impact
- Entering material deal points for media licenses, maintaining and updating deal points for monthly client usage including billing by airdate
- Proactively updating and seeking product information from business units. Accountable for the consistency and integrity of product data in database systems.
- Preparing and analyzing reports including product and play tracking
- Assisting in pre/post sale activities, internal and external interaction both verbal and written with Client, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Distribution, Legal etc.
- Preparing and disseminating product information to Contract Administration.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize. Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task doing analytical, detail-oriented, high volume work, in support of multiple teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with sales staff and clients.
- Excellent computer skills â€“ MS Office (Excel and Outlook) Adobe Acrobat, database systems.
- Prior experience with relational databases
- An interest in finance and/or law
- Working toward or recently graduated with a undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Legal Studies, or related
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available part time (16-24 hours per week in 4 hour blocks) from January through May
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit:
Association of National Advertisers – Advertising Educational Foundation
Marketing and Advertising Education “MADE” Internship
Kansas City, Mo.
MADE Program Overview
The MADE (Marketing and Advertising Education) internship is a leadership development program for students interested in becoming the future leaders of the marketing and advertising industry. Founded as a partnership between the ANA’s Educational Foundation and the Alliance for Inclusive and Multicultural Marketing, the MADE internship places students in a summer intern program at one of more than 40 marketing, advertising, or media companies, with participants including MasterCard, IBM, Hyatt, Sephora, BBDO, McCann, Ogilvy & Mather, Viacom, and NBC. Positioned as the “common app” for summer intern programs, this paid program is designed to provide students with the skills, the mentors, and the training that will help them thrive in the industry.
Please feel free to apply here: http://grnh.se/2dh7vx1