Dear Community Members and Future Applicants,
In 2000, to broaden its charitable work in the community, the ABA Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was formed as a separate but affiliate of the Asian Business Association of San Diego.
The Purpose of the ABA Foundation is to further develop current and future business leaders with, but not limited to:
- Economic development training;
- Educational programs and scholarships;
- Business consultation; and
- Providing humanitarian aid and other charitable activities associated with these goals.
Each year during the Asian Business Association's Annual Scholarship & Awards Gala, the ABA Foundation awards a minimum of (2) $1,000 scholarships to well deserving students. If you or someone you know is interested, please follow the below guidelines to apply or contact our office at email@example.com or (858) 277-2822 for more info.
- Applicant shall be eligible under one or more of the following conditions:
- High school graduating class of 2020
- Current high school graduate
- Current undergraduate college student
- Applicant shall have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- Applicant must reside in San Diego County.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
ABA Scholarship Guidelines:
- Scholarships are awarded only to students who attend or will be attending accredited institutions of higher learning. Scholarships are based on the type of institution the student is attending (Community College, University, Trade School, etc.). In the event the student changes the type of educational institution they are attending, the scholarship shall be forfeited.
- The ABA Scholarship Committee Judges, using a blind rating system, shall select the recipients of ABA scholarships. All decisions of the Committee Judges shall be final.
- Application forms are available at www.abasd.org
- A completed application will consist of the following:
- Completed electronic application form
- Personal narrative not to exceed 2 pages, 1.5 spaced and using 12 point Times New Roman in Word format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
- Copy of transcript confirming a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Proof of United States citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Applications must be received by 5PM on Oct 16, 2020. Incomplete applications will cause the applicant to be disqualified.
- Scholarship recipients may elect to have scholarship awards paid directly to them, or to the appropriate Educational Institution. Proof of enrollment will be required before payment is made. A minimum of (2) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- The ABA Scholarship committee reserves the right to make any changes to these guidelines. No changes shall be allowed after August 1st.
- Completed applications with the personal narrative should be emailed to email@example.com, subject: ABA Foundation Scholarship.
- Supplemental information should be mailed or hand delivered to:
ABA Foundation | 7675 Dagget Street, Suite 340, San Diego, CA 92111
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents as attachments:
- Completed electronic application
- Personal 1.5-spaced narrative not to exceed two (2) pages, 12 point Time New Roman in Word format. Please name file, "YourName_PersonalNarrative."
The following must be mailed or hand delivered:
- Proof of United States citizenship or residency status.
- Copy of transcript.
Asian Business Association Foundation Board